Once Upon a Time


21 years ago today there was a very handsome prince who took one of the biggest steps of his life. Armed with charm and chivalry, the ultimate of patience, unmeasurable kindness and never ending bravery (all of which he needed based on the multitude of experiences from the previous six years which had gotten him to this day ;-) he chose to take the girl out of the country and begin to write the chapters of the storybook with the fairy tale ending that is not yet known.

It was Saturday, May 13, hundreds of people were gathered in Austin for a whimsical weekend (ok, not really that fancy, but lots of skiing, bbq, shrimp boils, beer and hangovers ;-). As the day proceeded to the big event, the handsome prince may have had doubts as Mother Nature pitted him against one of the biggest hail storms of the decade to even get to the ceremony (actually it was Dad that was having to defy the storm by going home in the softball size hail to get his famed cowboy bow tie, thus having to cross hell and high water to return 40 minutes late before the wedding could begin ;-)

The threshold was finally crossed (well, actually the corner rounded and the steps climbed of River Place Country Club) and God shined down on the couple with a huge double rainbow arching end to end over the Texas Hill Country. He's been shining on them every since.

Happy 21st Anniversary, Steve (plus six!) Every chapter has had purpose whether they've been sealed with joy, laughter or sadness. I know they've all been for a reason bigger than ourselves. There are so many more yet to be written and I know the final one will lead to the best one.

Thank you for being the backbone of our marriage. You've supported me, cheered me on, consoled me, "interpreted" me, humored me, counseled me and given to me more than you'll ever know. I love you!
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow! What A Ride!

Living Out Our Choices

A Year of Living Present