21 Miles For Us, A Lifetime For Them


This will be the 4th annual Dam That Cancer paddle. Steve and I began this journey with The Flatwater Foundation four events ago. The Foundation has grown tremendously each year since then through amazing support and donations from those that follow the cause. Reflecting on the past three events makes me also contemplate the lives of those who have donated to this event, some so generously every year that we have done it and some who are new on board with the cause. (Many thanks to each of you!! ;-) I know every one of them have their reasons for supporting DTC, and it is typically because they or someone they know has gone through the emotional battle of cancer. 

Steve and I tend to be surrounded by an active group of individuals who love health, fitness and the outdoors. I feel sure that the empowerment, peace, and well being that these individuals are exposed to through health and fitness are why they support The Flatwater Foundation. It certainly is mine. As I sit in my front yard and watch the peaceful waters of Lake Austin, I too, understand what the combination of activity and outdoors can offer to one's mental and emotional state. I'm proud to say The Flatwater Foundation provides health and wellness opportunities to those that are fighting the battle of cancer, and I'm humbled to have the opportunity to share my energy to support it. On June 3 we will paddle (another ;-) 21 miles for DTC, but I know what we can provide through the funds raised will have an effect on individuals for a lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow! What A Ride!

Living Out Our Choices

A Year of Living Present