Keeping The Edge!


Countdown to Ironman Kona has begun. Thirteen Weeks. That's going to be almost 400 miles of running, 65 swimming, and over 2,200 of cycling (eek! really??) And knowing me, probably about 6.5 yeast infections (sorry, but it's true ;-) And if you're my friend Justyne, and counting, should be about 227,500 calories taken in - minimally!

But wait! This isn't about the have to's and must do's - is it?? Well, I just realized for the past 6 weeks it has been, but it shouldn't be. I just got my jolt. It's time to get fired up and ready. For the right reasons.

For about 6 weeks I've focused on the first paragraph. What it's going to take, the schedule I'm going to have to create, the juggling I'm going to have to pursue, and the job I'm going to have to do to "get 'er done". That doesn't sound like ANY FUN! Then why the heck am I doing it?!?

Because I can. I am able. I will become stronger because of it - mentally and spiritually. I LOVE the balance, the juggle, the synchronicity it takes in life to make great things happen. It fires me up to pursue something that by design is roaring it's ugly head and saying it "can't" be done (say i won't). Life tries to get in the way of our personal growth, so scheduling and planning to make the training happen to become a stronger person is exciting - not defeating! I refuse to relent to "busy-ness", but instead vow to live with the purpose and intent required to get things done. 

HOWEVER, I also refuse to let life pass me by and turn down the OTHER things in life that turn me on! Getting out, having fun, surfing, paddling at dawn with Steve, swimming and playing on the lake with the kids...Keeping the Edge and loving it! Here's to 13 weeks of purpose, passion, and fun! Keep checking in and I'll share the journey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow! What A Ride!

Living Out Our Choices

A Year of Living Present