You Have A Year To Live

It was one year ago this morning that I was taken out by a car while riding my bike. Though battered, twisted and bruised, for some reason greater than myself, I was one of the cycling miracle' situations that walked out of ER counting my blessings. It gave me a perspective of not wasting time or letting time waste me.

Although I have never taken life for granted, I chose to become a bit more intentional of 'living my years'. I had realized how abruptly life as I knew it could change and instead of having someone assign my fate to me, I committed myself to become more planful and indeed make this 'one year to live.'

At 5:30 workout this morning I shared with the group that it was my one year anniversary and I was thankful to be 'enjoying the morning' with them. My girlfriend was silent for a second and then spouted out from the group, "You sure have done a lot in a year."

It took me by surprise for a moment while I thought about it. Yes, I guess I have. I had numerous goals I had put in place with a five year timeline, but they just rolled to the top and through time, commitment, dedication, planning and great support, they came to fruition. It took a little work. I had actually completed five 70.3 Ironman, a marathon, and two full Ironman events this year while being a homeschooling mom, 'decent' wife (because I am sure I did fall short here a few times ;-), coach , fitness instructor and private & group trainer. The lessons and achievements I have realized within all of these realms have been a catalyst for pursuing my desire of more coaching opportunities with youth, becoming an athlete ambassador for lululemon, and begin laying the foundation for a women's action sport meet up and community service group.

Now that the Ironman season is over, it leaves me planning for the next chapter. Afterall, I now have another 25 hours in my week to fill :-) But truly, I am once again committed to 'living another year.' I don't need to wait for someone else to announce that to me, to deliver the news to me, to remind me that life is meant to live. It is my life, the one God has blessed me with. I need to embrace it, take it seriously, make the most of it. Treasure, not waste or haste, any moment of it. It is up to me to live it. To touch lives. To eat it up, every sweet drop of it, and not let it eat me up.

WE have a year to LIVE!! What are we going to do with it?? ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow! What A Ride!

Living Out Our Choices

A Year of Living Present