An Objective Lense


To #beresilient, to gain some perspective and peace today, I'm anchoring in

Clarity

To be more specific, what I'm NOT anchoring in today is anything that creates ambiguity, uncertainty, inconclusiveness, obscurity, or vagueness. I'm asking for CLARITY. And in order to find that, I'm relying on a simple equation of:

hope + faith = clarity

And I'm also demanding it. Setting my mind that each action, each thought, each declaration will be cloaked in the expectation of transparency.

Clarity.

As many of my friends and family will attest to, I'm not a "sit around and wait for it" kinda gal. I'm a kick it into action, be in charge of your own destiny chica. It gets me into trouble now and again, as I sometimes shoot then aim. But I'd rather shoot than be shot sitting there holding the gun...said in the symbolism of my born and raised Texas roots ;-) So sitting around and waiting for understanding has been excruciating for the past few days. There are so many unknowns; it's all been a fog.

Just like this morning; the fog was an envelope, immersing every object in its facade. Usually, there is a brink of shoreline, of visibility, but the total white out was just what my mind was projecting. And for someone like myself that is a visionary, a goal setter and calculative, sitting in the fog has been grueling for the past 48 hours.

Clarity.

So today I claimed to take the tiny steps to seek and find. I promised myself to have hope that it would be shown to me and faith that I'd be given. That my eyes, my heart, mind and soul would find that crevice of light, meaning and significance of what will be lying on the horizon. That each passing minute, hour and day would accelerate my perception, my understanding and my wisdom for which stepping stones to follow and where they will lead me.

Clarity.

When I went to bed last night, the fog was pretty on the lake; a single stream paralleling the hillside like a double shoreline in the distance. It was minimal and the surrounding landscape still within view. When I woke today, the fog was extremely thick, encapsulating. After days at home and countless family decisions, questions and postponements, the view on the lake was the same as what I was feeling in my head, in my soul. I knew I needed to start the day moving; I needed to Get Active asap. Places to go, things to do, so a quick stationary bike ride would be a start. Instead of popping on the Today Show to provide a backdrop to my playlist, I intentionally turned my bike toward the lake as I know #waterismedicine and I needed the science of Blue Mind to do it's work today, especially.

I set my timer for 30 quick minutes, facing a solid foggy white out. At minute 15, I regained some vision. I could see the sun, it's reflection and the shapes of the hills and waterline starting coming into focus.



I put my head down to grind out the last 15 minutes, needing that high heart rate, cardio fix - even though I knew my "perceived exertion" would be much higher than the numbers on my Garmin, as cortisol has a way of tightening the chest, squeezing the senses to higher levels than they scientifically appear. I was suffering a bit.

Clarity.

At exactly 30 minutes, I dialed back the resistance, hit my watch and looked up at the lake - and had to smile, (because I love it when God gives me signs like these), the fog had been lifted and I'd been given just what I asked for.

Clarity.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow! What A Ride!

Living Out Our Choices

A Year of Living Present