Be Present With Me God does have a sense of humor I'm convinced. There have been many times in my life I lift my chin to the sky and give Him a little wink. "HaHa. You knew what you were doing." He's wise like that, and me, sometimes not so sharp. Like my last name. Present. For years I joked, "...and accounted for." But then mindfulness became a thing and I almost had to say, "uh oh". What excuse do I have? Present. I'm going to stay away from the "being mindful" aspect. Let's keep this simple. A 12-month focus with a personal practice of being in the moment, engaged, committed, connected, immersed. There are many words that describe "it", but doing "it" can be another story. I find it's purely a habit. We all know there are a gazillion distractions in our day and age: technology, multi-tasking, a fast-paced life, not enough hours in the day - another list that goes on and on. But the habits we navigate ...
Training for Ironman Texas has begun! It is kind of like an event in itself; you know you're on holiday; you know you haven't had that fine-tuned mission - but you know its coming soon! And now it's here. You wake up in anticipation; you have a plan; you have a goal and the ball starts rolling once that calendar turns to the first day of the new training cycle. Finally. Its a love/hate relationship. You LOVE what it does for you; you love how it makes you feel - tired, hungry, spent, but improving with every day. You DREAD what you have to do, but LOVE it all in the same breath - getting up early, going to bed early, having to say no to social fun, juggling husband/kids/cooking/sleeping/playing/training. People think you are crazy - but you are, aren't you? Crazy for the journey, the scheduling, the planning, the pursuit of a stronger (mentally, physically and spiritually) YOU! The first IM I trained for I felt it was more "my deal". It kind of left me with mo...
The last thing I wanted to do before I left Kona was run. Not for the workout or to get back into training but simply 'run' because I love the movement, the freedom, the fulfillment it offers. Running in Kona is beautiful whether you're feeling the pain of IM or just taking in the sights and sounds. It is a very active environment and its not uncommon to see folks running and biking up and down Ali'i Drive. I asked Steve if he wanted to go out for a quick run together before we left and the cave man grunt and baffled look I got in return pretty much answered that question. Besides, with everything we needed to do to get ready to catch our 9:40pm flight and the questionable feeling of a blister from the event, I was pretty sure that running in Kona one last time was not going to happen. Mark and Justy had left the day before and Beno and Toni had just left to take Kristen and D to the airport. Since the race on Saturday we had done so much on the island that none of us h...
Comments
Post a Comment