25 packs of gel, one powerbar, 3 scoops of carbo pro and 5 endurolytes = 3590 engineered calories and 5200mg sodium. Now you know why I was at PTerry's two days ago! Gag!
Be Present With Me God does have a sense of humor I'm convinced. There have been many times in my life I lift my chin to the sky and give Him a little wink. "HaHa. You knew what you were doing." He's wise like that, and me, sometimes not so sharp. Like my last name. Present. For years I joked, "...and accounted for." But then mindfulness became a thing and I almost had to say, "uh oh". What excuse do I have? Present. I'm going to stay away from the "being mindful" aspect. Let's keep this simple. A 12-month focus with a personal practice of being in the moment, engaged, committed, connected, immersed. There are many words that describe "it", but doing "it" can be another story. I find it's purely a habit. We all know there are a gazillion distractions in our day and age: technology, multi-tasking, a fast-paced life, not enough hours in the day - another list that goes on and on. But the habits we navigate ...
Training for Ironman Texas has begun! It is kind of like an event in itself; you know you're on holiday; you know you haven't had that fine-tuned mission - but you know its coming soon! And now it's here. You wake up in anticipation; you have a plan; you have a goal and the ball starts rolling once that calendar turns to the first day of the new training cycle. Finally. Its a love/hate relationship. You LOVE what it does for you; you love how it makes you feel - tired, hungry, spent, but improving with every day. You DREAD what you have to do, but LOVE it all in the same breath - getting up early, going to bed early, having to say no to social fun, juggling husband/kids/cooking/sleeping/playing/training. People think you are crazy - but you are, aren't you? Crazy for the journey, the scheduling, the planning, the pursuit of a stronger (mentally, physically and spiritually) YOU! The first IM I trained for I felt it was more "my deal". It kind of left me with mo...
I'm officially creating a new word. When used, it has positive mental and emotional effects, even substantiated and documented by science. Well, not "my" word, exactly. But I personally have proof in the puddin' that this word has been the the 12th man for me, today and other days of my life. It all started during my Ironman training days. One bike ride in particular. I was two weeks from tapering from Kona, so on a big hunkin' bike ride to Bflippin'Nowhere that was a "have to". Well, actually it was somewhere on "Small Town Country Rd. USA" near Bertram. This particular ride wasn't any bike ride, it was absolutely a "must do", a "game changer" if not done. One I had to knock out. Training plans. Peaking at the right time. Needing three long bike rides three weeks in a row. Had to much on the line to not do it. Was too far into this thing to back out. But I was stewing in my "poor pitiful me's" an...
Comments
Post a Comment